Since ancient times, people have searched for a fountain of youth, a way to heal all ailments and stay forever young. Although archaeologists doubt there ever was a “fountain,” there exists ancient secrets to staying healthy. In almost every aspect of our lives, we seek evidence from the experts in their various fields regarding our day-to-day lives.
For over 5,000 years, people in India have followed the Ayurveda to promote wellness and vitality. The Ayurvedic system of medication is based on many centuries of experience in medical practice handed down through generations and is one of the oldest surviving healing system in the world. According to ayurveda, the human body is indeed engineered for a full five score years and more.
Oiling your belly button is an Ayurvedic practice. In Ayurveda, this is known as Nabhi Chikitsa. Nabhi means belly button in Sanskrit. Ayurvedic experts practiced this method to get optimum relief from various ailments. The believe the belly button is a secret spot on the body that can effectively cure daily health problems.
Belly button oiling benefits are plentiful and here are the top ones we found:
1. Softer Skin:Belly button oiling benefits include softer skin. The belly button, which is the where the umbilical cord was attached at the time of your birth, is internally connected to other parts of the body. It’s connected to the face as well. Applying almond oil on the naval ensures optimum absorption of the nutrients and subsequently, it helps in improving the texture of your skin and imparting glow to your skin. Recommended oil: Almond.
2. Clear Skin: Applying oil on belly button helps treat acne quickly. Apply oil to the belly button is often considered more potent a remedy than topical application. Your belly button is connected with veins, internal organs and consequently your face too. Recommended oil: Neem.
3. Anti Aging: Belly button oiling benefits include reducing the signs of aging. When oil is applied into the belly button it has a connection to the face on your skin. Applying oil to your belly button reduces the appearance of wrinkles and under eye circles. Recommended oil: Castor.
4. Vision: Lutein is a naturally occurring carotenoid found in plants. When humans absorb it, it is used by the body as an antioxidant and collects in the retina. Then it is used to protect against the damage caused to your eyesight as a result of blue light absorption. Recommended oil: Coconut.
5. Menstrual Cramps: Belly button oiling benefits include relieving menstrual cramps and pain. By relaxing the abdominal muscles and soothing the discomfort caused caused by uterine contraction. The pain is relieved thanks to the antioxidant properties of oil. Recommended oil: Ginger Essential oil diluted with Olive Oil.
6. Stomach Pain: Similar to the above process, belly button oiling can alleviate stomach pain by releasing the pressure off the belly area. It can cure symptoms like indigestion, food poisoning, nausea, gastritis, bloating, and diarrhea. Recommended oil: Peppermint Essential oil diluted with Olive Oil.
7. Fertility: The belly button is connected to fertility. Your belly button was once connected you to your mother! Adding oils to this spot can influence your fertility, whether you’re a man or woman. The remedy works by promoting relaxation of the uterine and abdominal muscles, protecting the sperm inside the tube for fertilization, enhancing the sperm motility and count, and treating menstrual issues like irregular periods. Recommended oil: Coconut.
8. Infection: The belly button is a very sensitive organ of the body and connects to other parts of your system. Belly button oiling can help cure bacteria and fungi. The best oils for this purpose is tea tree oil, coconut oil, and eucalyptus oil. These oils have antibacterial and antiviral properties that effectively kill the bacteria. Recommended oil: Coconut and Tea Tree.
9. Balanced Chakra: According to Ayurveda, the Navel Chakra or swadhisthana is a major source of energy and imagination. It is home to your biggest dreams, fantasies, and goals. You should keep your navel balanced if you want to connect with your creativity. Recommended oil: Grapeseed.
10. Hair growth: Belly button oiling can help speed up hair growth. The belly button is the focal point of your body that is connected with rest of the body and by using specific oils on your belly button, you directly speed up internal processes. Recommended oil: Castor.
11. Nail Health: Belly button oiling can help with your nail health by removing any fungus. Recommended oil: Castor.
The Belly button or navel is a magical and a wonderful part of our body. The main benefit to oiling the belly button is that the navel knows which of our blood vessels is drying, so it gushes out the oil in the same artery. To sum up, the navel is the power house of the body and acts like a doctor in many ways.