By Charmaine Griffin
Deep breathing is the first step in releasing physical tension. When combined with sensuality and sexual pleasure, it can open up blockages in your sacral chakra and increase sexual vitality.
The sacral chakra, alternatively known as the second chakra, is above the pubic bone in the lower abdomen. Its energy is responsible for regulating sexuality, reproduction, and creativity. When this chakra is imbalanced, we tend to experience decreased libido, creativity blockages, lower back pain, and lack of passion.
- Sexual addiction
- Emotional numbness
- Emotional reactivity
- Constantly tired
- Extreme or heavy drug use
- Kidney or stomach ailments
Regulating the sacral chakra requires removing blockages. There are different methods that you can use, which include meditation, color therapy, aromatherapy, positive affirmations, and mindfulness. One way, chakra pranayama, or breathwork for chakra healing, involves deep rhythmic breathing techniques designed to relieve tension and enhance energy flow.
This practice is powerful when used to clear the sacral chakra; it improves in your overall wellbeing and enjoyment, creating space for sexual energy to flow freely. This type of breathwork also translates into intimacy and pleasure with yourself, or a partner, by helping to increase comfort, confidence, connectivity, and deepen orgasm.
- Lie on your back or in a seated position. Place your hands gently above your pelvis or rest them gently beside your hips.
- Close your eyes, breathe slowly and deepely in until you feel your stomach expand out, similar to a balloon. Hold.
- Exhale slowly as you let out the breath until your stomach feels completely deflated. Hold.
- Repeat step 2.
- As you breathe, visualize an orange-red glowing light radiating cleansing energy in the sacral chakra area.
Practice for three to five minutes, depending on your healing needs.
Also, consider performing chakra clearing exercises for other energy points int he body. Since our chakras are connected, when one is imbalanced, we often experience issues in other areas.
You can also incorporate breathwork into your daily meditation practice, before and during sex or with a Yoni Egg or Wand, as deep breathing is considered one of the best ways to experience longer, more intense orgasms.